Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tropical Whimsy

So, I know it's supposed to be "What's on your worktable Wednesday" but to be honest with you, we were busy this weekend and I haven't started anything new, plus I brought some work home with me tonight, so what's on my worktable tonight was uploading a PowerPoint presentation for my boss.  It happens.  Instead we're gonna talk about the tropics, OK?


A few days ago, Erik & I got the same email from Living Social.  They're one of these websites like Groupon, that sends out an email with daily deals on all kinds of things.  One of the things they have deals on is vacations.  They come in a separate email, and there is always several cool places for really cheap - usually anywhere from 2-4 nights at a cool hotel or bed & breakfast somewhere pretty.  So, the other day there was a 4 night trip to the Bahamas for $400 for 2 people.  It got the tropics stuck in my head!  It was all I could think about all the rest of the day.  I even got a couple of ideas for jewelry, that I have to get working on :)

I found a couple of images that I'm in love with, and I decided to pull together a treasury on Etsy.  Basically this is a little collection of up to 16 pieces that you like & have some kind of a theme.  I decided to call mine "Tropical Whimsy" and I pulled together a few things for the house that I would love to own, a few pieces of jewelry that remind me of the tropics, and a few things that I would love to get for our kids (assuming we ever have some...).  What do you think of my treasury?  Click this link to check it out, so you can get a good look at these beautiful pieces!  I don't know if I can pick a favorite, but it would probably come down to one of the pelican pieces... or maybe the flamingos... or... well, I really can't decide, I just love them all!  Which one is your favorite?

PS.  none of the photos here today are mine.  the first one is a downloadable wallpaper, and came from this site.  The last image is just a screen capture of my treasury on Etsy!  Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment