Monday, August 8, 2011

Color Palette Mondays: Ocean View

In honor of our kayaking trip yesterday, I thought I would pull out one of my pictures of the Pacific Ocean from the past year.  My husband decided some time ago that he was going to do something called he dubbed the "California Pier Project" - which he eventually would like to turn into a little book.  This entails photographing all (or nearly all) of the piers that stick out into the Pacific Ocean - mostly starting at (or as close as possible to) sunrise.  That's REALLY early, but I'm a good wife and I usually go with him without complaining too much.  The funny thing is, I'll complain when we get up that early (like 4:30 in the summer time) but once we get there, I always have fun.  I usually bring along my little point and shoot camera, just for fun, and I take random pictures of whatever I think is beautiful - I usually end up with a lot of photos of pelicans, any other wildlife we see and my husband in various random poses taking pictures on the pier (my favorites are when he lays down on the ground).  And sometimes, it's waves.  This day, we were at Manhattan Beach, and I sat for some time on the beach just taking pictures into the ocean of the different waves.  I think this is one of my favorites :) Hope you all had a good weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love ocean colors. I used a lot of water and sand colors in my house. This inspires me to want to repaint my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I'm a big fan of the ocean colors as well. I think that's how we'll end up painting our house when we finally get one too! Glad I could be of some inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete