Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Color Palette Mondays

One of my favorite design-y bloggers is Brandi over at Brandi Girl Bog.  She's big on color inspiration, and if you know me, you know how much I love colors!  One of the things she does is make color palettes from pictures that she has taken (or found, depending on the week).  I thought this sounded like a fun way to find new color combinations.  So, here's my first one.  The photo was taken at one of our favorite places, and our favorite ride - the Mad Hatter's Tea Party @ Disneyland in California.  Erik and I often ride this ride - you know the kind, where you sit in a teacup and turn the crank in the center to make it spin around like crazy - and it's become "our ride".  One of our favorite things to do is use my camera ('cause it's small and easy to control when you're spinning around that fast) on a long exposure setting aimed upwards towards the brightly colored lights to get pictures like this:


We could seriously do this for hours on end, the images created are always beautiful and always unique.  One of these days we were standing near the Tea Party ride, and decided to try to capture the spinning cups as well as the lights.  I think this is one of my favorites from that shoot, as well as it's one of my favorite color palettes!  I use these colors together often.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment